• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

C & C Cages So Hard To Find In The Uk!

ChloeCee98

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
What is a reasonable price to pay for a c&c cage ? I was going to buy one from a suggested site today but my partner isn't so sure as it's a lot of money. The materials are really hard to find to be able to build seperately. I've looked at a number of places and I'm looking at between £70 and £100 for a 2x5 - 2x6 Is this right or can I get it cheaper ?

You should be able to find one for that price. You used to be able to find the grids separately but to the best of my knowledge not anymore. Look at the for sale site on here. Or a lot of people have bought mesh bookcases from Ikea.

Forgot to add that I managed to follow the instructions and put it together - all by myself. Honestly this is a big thing - I am completely lacking in practical / DIY skills!

What do you all use on the bottom? Fleece and puppy training pads ?x
I use fleece liners with puppy pads or bed mats underneath. I started off with wood shavings but found it too messy / expensive. You will find people use a whole range of different bedding / combinations!

I use fleece liners with puppy pads or bed mats underneath. I started off with wood shavings but found it too messy / expensive. You will find people use a whole range of different bedding / combinations!
I use wood shavings now and it's sooo messy I can't bare it lol and I'd love to use fleece but I have one long haired piggy and I've seen they can get extra messy on fleece x

I use wood shavings now and it's sooo messy I can't bare it lol and I'd love to use fleece but I have one long haired piggy and I've seen they can get extra messy on fleece x
Hair on the fleece is a pain I have to admit! I tried everything to get it off but I have given up now and accept the fleece will be hairy whatever I do! Our piggies aren't long haired though.....

Fleece and towel underneath is what I use. Piggy hair... So much hair... Best bet is to hang it on a washing line and beat it and/or use a rubber brush. It really helps. Rex hair is the worst as it corkscrews into material :))

Fleece and towel underneath is what I use. Piggy hair... So much hair... Best bet is to hang it on a washing line and beat it and/or use a rubber brush. It really helps. Rex hair is the worst as it corkscrews into material :))
Does it make the piggys dirtier ?x

Oh really? I haven't experience that at all. I know people who use sawdust so in comparison fleece keeps them a lot cleaner (providing it is regularly cleaned/spot checked of course).

Also there's no risk of respiratory problem with fleece, which can happen with sawdust as even when it's dust extracted it's still pretty dusty and makes me cough.

Back