• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

DYING GUINEA PIG - PLEASE HELP

ChubbyCarrots

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I think my piggie is dying! He keeps opening and closing his mouth, he can’t move at all, he can’t eat or drink and THE VETS CANT DO ANYTHING

PLEASE HELP ME
BUDDY IS MY LIFE AND I LOVE HIM

@ChubbyCarrots You need to take him to the vet now. Even if there is nothing they can do, they can help him pass on quickly and pain free.

I'm sorry x

BIG HUGS

We are all upset and heart-broken when it comes to this point, but the kindest and most loving gift you can make a beloved piggy is to cut short any unnecessary suffering and to send it to the Rainbow Bridge. There is no magic wand that can keep your piggy here, but you can set your own desires aside and put your beloved one's interests before your own. We can never choose and what from a pet of ours dies, but we can do our best to make the dying process as easy, short and kind on them as possible!

We have all lost piggies of of our own and fully sympathise with your situation and your feelings.

Please take your piggy to the vets as soon as they can fit you in. Be strong for your piggy's sake! :tu:

We didn’t take him 😢

HUGS

I am very sorry, but - is Buddy still there or not?

If he has died in the meantime, then you haven't failed him; he would likely have passed away on the way there or latest at the vet. It is not easy to judge the dying process even when you have been through it with other piggies and it is even more difficult and rather traumatic if is the first encounter with the dying process for you - sadly simply falling into a forever sleep is very rare. Sometimes organ failure can happen pretty fast and sometimes a piggy can linger; it is a much more physical thing than you expect.
Please don't feel guilty about something there is no reason to feel guilty about. That is just a normal reaction when you lose a beloved one in your care and typical for the onset of the grieving process. We all experience these feelings to some extent or other. They are simply an expression of your love and strong feeling of responsibility for Buddy.

If he is still there and the same, then please reconsider.

Back