• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Guinea Pig Chewable Toys

Status
Not open for further replies.

JR.piggies

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi, i was just wondering if there are any popular edible toys for guineas, as mine has only one for now he has a little cardboard tube which he loves. I just wanted to see if there are any really good ones out there that are popular with most piggies as i dont really want to buy something he wont like. I'm looking online and also from pet shops in the uk, I'm just not sure which are the best to buy.:roll:

I think it varies a lot from pig to pig.
One of mine loves anything made of willow.
Give Eddi a basket or ball, and he will destroy them immediately.
Lucy on the other hand loves cardboard. I keep old boxes and just rip a piece off when I think she needs something to play with - She will slowly chew and destroy a piece of cardboard over time.
Ruby doesn't seem to play with anything much.
Oreo loves to run in and out of fleece strips.

So start small (and cheap/free) and work your way up from there.

:agr: With all of those suggestions. Mine love all of those. They also love a cardboard tube (toilet roll type) stuffed with hay. Also a cardboard box with entrance/exit holes cut out which they can run in and out of and then gradually destroy!

Mine also loved the cardboard "hay roll" - piggie sized tube covered in hay to run through and nibble. Sounds like you might have this already.

I can't get my two to play with anything anymore. They used to like making newspaper caves but they just liketo eat and hide now days.

Thanks for the helpful suggestions, making toys sounds like a good idea, think ill probably try with cardboard boxes and then see what happens :) and i dont really have a hay roll its more just carboard wrapped with paper that he can run through, but ill try and have a look see if i can get a hay one. Again thank you! These were some great ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back