• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Guinea Pig jumped out my hands and injured itself

Starburst

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi, I feel so quilty at the moment and really worried. I took my guinea pig out the cage and gave her some treats. When I put her back into her cage with the other guinea pigs she doesn't usually move much when she gets near the cage but tonight she decided to jump out my hands. About a foot high. When she hit the floor she squealed and i was in shock. I looked at her and she started dragging her back legs. I thought something was wrong with her back. When I went back in the room I seen her move slowly again with her back legs normal. She then walked up the ramp and came back down fine. She seems OK but I'm not sure as I have seen people say guinea pigs can hide there pain sometimes. She's only 2 and she now eating her hay. I just need some advice if she's going to be ok and what may have happened that caused her legs to drag. Should I see a vet to check or should she be OK as she's walking now? Thanks

I think speak to the vet and see what they say. It’s good that she’s not dragging them but better safe than sorry. Hopefully it was/is something minor.

Back