• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Brodiexox

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi everyone, looking for some advice, ive just found hay mites on my piggy so ive applied spot-on and given him a bath, is there anything else i can do? I hate seeing him upset and itchy :(

Thanks!

:agr:

Please have your piggy seen by a vet so you can be prescribed the correct strength treatment for the correct length of time. You will need three separate treatments at set intervals apart to fully cure an infestation. Pet shops products are too low doses to cure an active infestation.

You also need to clean the cage and everything in it ideally using F10 as it is vet strength.
It’s advisable to also change your hay.

New Guinea Pig Problems: Sexing & Pregnancy; URI, Ringworm & Parasites; Vet Checks & Customer Rights

Hi everyone, looking for some advice, ive just found hay mites on my piggy so ive applied spot-on and given him a bath, is there anything else i can do? I hate seeing him upset and itchy :(

Thanks!

Hi!

Please do not use pet shop strength spot-on because it is too low-dosed to cut through an acute outbreak. Unfortunately, you now need to wait a week for it to wear off before you can see a vet and start the proper full strength three rounds treatment. Ivermectin is harmful when overdosed so you (and your vet) need to always wait until the previous application has fully worn off.
New piggy problems: URI - ringworm - skin parasites

Back