• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Help! Guinea pig’s foot!

Siikibam

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
😳 I hope you really do get him back. Was there any way you could have taken him to the vet then gone back and claimed the fees? And I don’t know why the vet couldn’t have looked at him sometime during the day. Fingers crossed but I hope they don’t suggest putting him down!

Claire W

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
It’s great that they are footing the vets bill but PLEASE go and get your piggy back TODAY. I’m afraid I don’t know much about this policy as I’m not in the US but I have heard it happening to other members before and there was one case where the piggy was accidentally sold to someone else :( although I understand this is probably rare. I’m sorry as I don’t want to scare you.

I could be wrong and apologise if I am but I think @Wiebke understands more about it (sorry if you don’t Wiebke and I’m getting you mixed up with someone else)

Herbs&Spice

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
That's good news, not sure what they can do. But you sound such a caring person, he his such a beautiful boy so cute. Fingers crossed all goes well with the vets.

Herbs&Spice

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I hope you get him back i didn't know store can be like this.

Bill & Ted

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
Hope he’s back in your care very soon, I think it’s looks like a birth defect, these sometimes happen when a baby is pinned at a strange angle against the womb, so the limb grows at an incorrect angle or growth is stunted altogether. But he is a beautiful boy and he’ll manage very well I should think x

SkyPipDotBernie

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
They tried some pain medication on him to see if it would change his behavior at all, so they had him on observation. They decided to get a second opinion from a different vet and I’ll find out later today what they think.
But what was his behaviour?

Siikibam

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I think you need to make plans to get him back. Take him to another cavy savvy vet and give them the bill. What made them think he was in pain? Did he appear so when with you?

Piggiesxoxo

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Well as i’m sure you guys know guinea pigs are very good at masking pain so they wanted to give him pain meds to see if he was doing better or if nothing would change