• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

GeorgiaHarris

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'm thinking about having my 7 month old boar neutered as I would would like him to be with a pair of females in the future. Does any one know much it costs and know of any information that may useful. Also, if anyone knows of any experienced vets in the West Midlands, particularly in or around Birmingham/Walsall could you please let me know. Thank you

It cost me about £75 for Squeaks' neutering back in July, that included the post-op meds and checkups. It was done by my usual vet here in Solihull, so other side of Brum from you..

It cost me about £75 for Squeaks' neutering back in July, that included the post-op meds and checkups. It was done by my usual vet here in Solihull, so other side of Brum from you..
Could you let me know what vets this was and if you know, the vets name who did it. Thanks

It was at 608 Vets in Solihull. They are a fairly big practice with several other small branches in the area, Solihull is the main one where they do operations and have their hospital. The vet who did Squeaks' neutering was Deborah Hope, she has rabbits of her own and did a lot with my late boar Zebedee when he was poorly, so she is good with rabbits and guineas.
On your side of Birmingham, Manor Vets used to have very good piggie vet, I believe she has left there since but other vets at the practice may still be good with piggies too.

Hi, it's been a long while since I had a boar neutered. Cost me £60 last time but that was 6-7 years ago. Have you had a look at our vet locator in the top bar to see forum members recommended vets in your area?

It was at 608 Vets in Solihull. They are a fairly big practice with several other small branches in the area, Solihull is the main one where they do operations and have their hospital. The vet who did Squeaks' neutering was Deborah Hope, she has rabbits of her own and did a lot with my late boar Zebedee when he was poorly, so she is good with rabbits and guineas.
On your side of Birmingham, Manor Vets used to have very good piggie vet, I believe she has left there since but other vets at the practice may still be good with piggies too.
Thankyou

Hi, it's been a long while since I had a boar neutered. Cost me £60 last time but that was 6-7 years ago. Have you had a look at our vet locator in the top bar to see forum members recommended vets in your area?
Will have a look now, thankyou

I'm thinking about having my 7 month old boar neutered as I would would like him to be with a pair of females in the future. Does any one know much it costs and know of any information that may useful. Also, if anyone knows of any experienced vets in the West Midlands, particularly in or around Birmingham/Walsall could you please let me know. Thank you

Cost can vary depending on the vet clinic you use - quite widely, actually. It is a balance act between cost, experience and post-op care at the vets.
Neutered / De-sexed Boars And Neutering Operations: Myths And Facts
Recommended Guinea Pig Rescues

If you are prepared to travel, one of the best neutering vets with pretty much a 100% record in that area is the Cat&Rabbit Care clinic in Northampton. An operation there will cost around £150 but you won't need any post-op check-up and can take your boy home on the same day.
Otherwise, the most practised neutering vet in your local area will be the vet clinic that routinely neuters the boars for the RSPCA Walsall branch.
Recommended Guinea Pig Vets

@furryfriends (TEAS) @Wiebke It was £51.66, I just checked my bank to make sure.

I laughed at the time as I'd just paid out more for a bottle of medicine a couple of weeks before.
Yes, neutering is really cheap. @Wiebke You must've been charged for something else, in addition to the neutering. If not, I would be querying it with them.

Ours cost £65 too (10 weeks ago?) and all the meds and enough syringe feed for 24 hours and 2 post-op check-ups were included in the price. Little husboar Theo says it was totally worth it now he has 4 wives and a huge cage to share with them, and it hasnt affected his boarly behaviours at all :)

Back