• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

RoxyGuineaPigLover

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi! So, I fed my guinea pig this morning, and I noticed that she did something strange that I hadn’t noticed ever before. She flattened her ears against her head and they moved up and down constantly while she was eating. I hope this doesn’t mean anything bad. Thank you, your help is much appreciated!

Hi! So, I fed my guinea pig this morning, and I noticed that she did something strange that I hadn’t noticed ever before. She flattened her ears against her head and they moved up and down constantly while she was eating. I hope this doesn’t mean anything bad. Thank you, your help is much appreciated!

Hi!

No, it is just a result of her moving her jaws. Babies have butterfly ears but as the ears grow and become heavier, gravity is taking over for any larger ears and they will drop.

Unlike dogs and cats, guinea pigs do not use their ears for communication.

Hi!

No, it is just a result of her moving her jaws. Babies have butterfly ears but as the ears grow and become heavier, gravity is taking over for any larger ears and they will drop.

Unlike dogs and cats, guinea pigs do not use their ears for communication.
Thank you!

Back