• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Paddling Pool Indoor Floor Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chewbacca2004

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello
Recently i have been finding lots of suggestions and pins on pinterest about keeping your guineas in a paddling pool (as an enclosure: not swimming:nod:) inside
i was thinking that i could pop the guineas in a paddling pool with their toys and hideys as i kind of indoor run whilst the others are outdoors. seems like a good idea as the sides will be high enough and it will be waterproof so no pee spillages:D and it will be light weight and easy to move around. I have no other pets (except fish) so they would be safe just wondering what your views are on this and if youve ever done it before! also suggestions for types of toys i should provide in it. thxs! image from google
paddling pool guinea.jpg

:D Seems like a good idea. You could give them cardboard tunnels, like in the picture, and cardboard boxes to hide in as well.

I think it's a great idea.
We actually use a metal outdoor run for indoor floor time, and just put a fleece underneath. But we also have tile floors, so any pee spillage is easy to mop up.
The paddling pool looks easy to move around and clean, plus I be you can pick one up fairly cheaply at this time of year.

Hello
Recently i have been finding lots of suggestions and pins on pinterest about keeping your guineas in a paddling pool (as an enclosure: not swimming:nod:) inside
i was thinking that i could pop the guineas in a paddling pool with their toys and hideys as i kind of indoor run whilst the others are outdoors. seems like a good idea as the sides will be high enough and it will be waterproof so no pee spillages:D and it will be light weight and easy to move around. I have no other pets (except fish) so they would be safe just wondering what your views are on this and if youve ever done it before! also suggestions for types of toys i should provide in it. thxs! image from google
View attachment 45586

Paddling pools can work as indoor runs as well as a puppy run. Just beware of you have a plastic addict!

Thanks! I was wondering if anyone has used a cork tunnel before. Basically it's a natural cork bark tunnel for the pigs. Saw one on eBay wanted to know if thy were any good ! X:P:yahoo::nod:

that's exactly what I do with my pigs and they love it! I use a ball pool pit (without the balls) and its perfect!

Looks like a pretty cool idea. The thought of sharp toenails piercing the bottom and it not being completely waterproof springs to mind though. Would depend on what type of material was on the bottom. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back