• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

PerpLexxity

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hey everybody...

So a awhile back I posted out a dominance issue with my guys... today I put them together with a full clean out of the cage (to remove scents and markings), a buddy bath, and well yea, it didn’t turn out so well.

I’ve read every technique in the forum and every article for re-introductions and I can’t tell if it’s a full fall out or a riot for dominance.

I’ve attached a video and well; take a look. After the video ended I took my hand in towel and pushed Henry gently away *Henry is the amber/ white colored pig and Gizmo is the Abyssinian* from Gizmo because I felt he was going to lunge and thank god I did! Henry lunged at Gizmo and got teeth full of towel. While he was biting the towel he shook and threw himself back trying to cause as much damage as he could to what he thought was the other pig.

I’ve only been bitten by a Guinea pig once and it was deep and painful. So glad I interfered when I did.

Anyways I don’t think they’ve had a fallout, but are both to dominant pigs who refuse to back down... I hate having to separate them and my mom thinks I should return Gizmo so I can find a pig who is compatable with Henry. *if I were to return one it would be Gizmo simply because I’ve had Henry since he was 2-3 months* But I love them both to much to return one (unless it was necessary) what do you guys think?

*The video will be in the comments cause I can’t upload the video on my phone whoops*

One more thing is that they are always chewing and biting the barrier in the cage to see each other.

Hey everybody...

So a awhile back I posted out a dominance issue with my guys... today I put them together with a full clean out of the cage (to remove scents and markings), a buddy bath, and well yea, it didn’t turn out so well.

I’ve read every technique in the forum and every article for re-introductions and I can’t tell if it’s a full fall out or a riot for dominance.

I’ve attached a video and well; take a look. After the video ended I took my hand in towel and pushed Henry gently away *Henry is the amber/ white colored pig and Gizmo is the Abyssinian* from Gizmo because I felt he was going to lunge and thank god I did! Henry lunged at Gizmo and got teeth full of towel. While he was biting the towel he shook and threw himself back trying to cause as much damage as he could to what he thought was the other pig.

I’ve only been bitten by a Guinea pig once and it was deep and painful. So glad I interfered when I did.

Anyways I don’t think they’ve had a fallout, but are both to dominant pigs who refuse to back down... I hate having to separate them and my mom thinks I should return Gizmo so I can find a pig who is compatable with Henry. *if I were to return one it would be Gizmo simply because I’ve had Henry since he was 2-3 months* But I love them both to much to return one (unless it was necessary) what do you guys think?

*The video will be in the comments cause I can’t upload the video on my phone whoops*

One more thing is that they are always chewing and biting the barrier in the cage to see each other.

Piggies that are already on edge during a bonding will bite instinctively and fully in defence, so when you stuck the towel in between, he simply reacted.

Please do not return any piggies. You will always feel that you have betrayed Gizmo. Indeed, for some fallen-out boars it can mean the end of their life; especially if they are labelled as 'biters' in some countries that are not going to find any interest. :(
Henry and Gizmo are fine as next door neighbours, they are simply one of these bonded 'can't live apart, but can't live together boars. A number of members has boars like that living in adjoining cages. Yours sounds like they are at the height of their hormones.

We do not have a video uploading facility; it would very much exceed our running forum costs, which are kindly covered by member donations. If you want to post a video, you need to upload it on a public setting elsewhere and then link it into your post.

Hey everybody...

As @ wiebke says if they don’t get on keep them separate but next to each other. Sounds as if you’ve tried all angles so may need to remain as separate buddies. X

Piggies that are already on edge during a bonding will bite instinctively and fully in defence, so when you stuck the towel in between, he simply reacted.

Please do not return any piggies. You will always feel that you have betrayed Gizmo. Indeed, for some fallen-out boars it can mean the end of their life; especially if they are labelled as 'biters' in some countries that are not going to find any interest. :(
Henry and Gizmo are fine as next door neighbours, they are simply one of these bonded 'can't live apart, but can't live together boars. A number of members has boars like that living in adjoining cages. Yours sounds like they are at the height of their hormones.

We do not have a video uploading facility; it would very much exceed our running forum costs, which are kindly covered by member donations. If you want to post a video, you need to upload it on a public setting elsewhere and then link it into your post.
I don’t think I could ever return them, for I love them each for their own reasons ❤️. I guess this is how they’ll be from now on sadly. Maybe I’ll try a re-introduction when hormones from Henry are lowered or when he reaches 15 months *hes still going through puberty you see. some days he’ll bite me and others he just wants to snuggle. Gizmo is full grown and considered an adult pig.

Pig re-introductions are the most stressful thing I’ve been through :mal:

Back