• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Livvysquish

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Please!help/advice!
Hey! I really need some advice or help before going the vet. My piggy spice has recently had hay poke and recovered with eye drops. I found out by her squealing when being picked up. Once the hay was out she didn't squeal again.
Its been a bit under a weak and when I picked her up tonight she squealed again, it was a stomach churning pain sqeal. especially when I ran my fingers under her fur. I thought it might be skin or mites but her fur and skin is fine.
I'm worried that she might have broke something/have a stomach or rib problem.
I want to know if anybody else has experienced a high pitched pain squeal when touching under fur on the side/back area and what was the cause.

**Shes eating fine and moving and all that.
**I'm calling for an appointment in the morning, this is not a substitute for professional/medical help. Just information for the moment and I can't find any online!

If you are very worried she is in severe pain perhaps you should see an out of hours emergency vet? All UK vets have an out of hours emergency number on their answer phone. Simply a squeal of pain isnt anything we can speculate on unfortunately. I hope your piggy is ok but only a vet can say what hurts.
@Pretzelpigs no need to tag Wiebke, she is very busy- many of us monitor the health and illness thread very regularly and reply as soon as we see things!

If you are very worried she is in severe pain perhaps you should see an out of hours emergency vet? All UK vets have an out of hours emergency number on their answer phone. Simply a squeal of pain isnt anything we can speculate on unfortunately. I hope your piggy is ok but only a vet can say what hurts.
@Pretzelpigs no need to tag Wiebke, she is very busy- many of us monitor the health and illness thread very regularly and reply as soon as we see things!
For some reason she's back to normal and popcorning. After an hour of pampering 😅 I'm still going the vet tomorrow but I don't think its an emergency. But thank you for the response! Ill keep the @ in mind

For some reason she's back to normal and popcorning. After an hour of pampering 😅 I'm still going the vet tomorrow but I don't think its an emergency. But thank you for the response! Ill keep the @ in mind

We have several members whose knowledge we fully trust who are monitoring this section specially; you can recognise them by the badge in their signature. All of us are getting alerts of any new threads in this section. But please accept that we are doing this for free in our own free time on top of our regular job, our own piggies and private life, so we cannot always be around immediately. However, our system is making sure that every new thread in this section is being answered competently by the first of us coming along, which is quite a few times in every (UK) day. If we see that a thread is already in good hands, we'd rather concentrate on those that have not yet been answered or that have new posts. If one of the monitors thinks that another member with more experience in a certain area should see a thread, they will tag them into it.

It is good that you are having her vet checked. All the best!

Back