• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coconut piggy

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
About 1 year old female pig was out of the cage for cuddling, when I noticed she was very quiet. Usually, she would be loud and happy, but for some reason this time she only made very faint chutting noises when I pet her. When listening closer, I realized that she was making a strange congested noise that turned out to be the "faint chutting". It sounded like a human clearing their throat very quietly without vibrating their voice (best description I can think of). If it helps, I had a cold a few days ago, but I got over that. Other than the lack of noise and strange sound, she is eating, drinking, pooing, peeing regularly, and wheeks for veg (only time she makes a regular amount of noise. Also seems active enough. Does anybody have an idea of what's going on? Should I get an appointment with her vet?

If in doubt it's always best to go to the vet. It could be a one-off or it could be the start of an infection.

If in doubt it's always best to go to the vet. It could be a one-off or it could be the start of an infection.
Thanks. I was about to make a vet appointment and put her back in my lap. For some reason, she went back to being her normal self! Guess It was just a one-off. She seems all right now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back