• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Ringworm Update

Jennybug89

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So Rosie seems to really be on the mend! I'm treating her with the stuff the vet gave everyday but the hair is already starting to grow back, after just a week! So either I caught it super early or it wasn't ring worm at all. She's back in two weeks for a check and a mange injection but I'm so happy with her progress. The Nizoral bath really seemed to help too. She's not incessantly scratching anymore. She's in her new cage now, and I'm cleaning out the old one today in preparation for her cagemate who will hopefully be with us soon. Thanks to everyone's advice and help with her so far!

IMG_20170909_122320.jpg

IMG_20170909_122328.jpg

Tiamolly123

Forum Donator 2017/18
Reaction score
That's great Jennybug, I am so glad things are going well & it wasn't anything nasty.
I use the rule if I don't know what it is go to the vet.

Lady Kelly

Staff member
Reaction score
What did the vet give you? I 100% had a ringworm outbreak and was given a steriod/anti inflammatory lotion to put on it and within two days the scabs had gone and it was starting to heal so in my experience this can be a quick process. Either way I'm glad Rosie is on the mend and feeling less itchy now

Jennybug89

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'm not exactly sure what it was. It's a milky fluid I apply twice a day. I've been giving her vitamin c drops, lots of veg, and of course lots of cuddles (with lots of clothes and hand washing!) she's started wheeking the last two or three days for the first time since she came, so things are really looking up!

IMG_20170909_145819.jpg

Lady Kelly

Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like a similar stuff to what I had. Unfortunately for me mine were in a group of 4. I tried to contain it by separating but then got back from a weeks holiday to find two more with it and went down the route of buying imaverol dip to treat them all lol

Jennybug89

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Sounds like a similar stuff to what I had. Unfortunately for me mine were in a group of 4. I tried to contain it by separating but then got back from a weeks holiday to find two more with it and went down the route of buying imaverol dip to treat them all lol
Oh no! Luckily I just have her at the minute so it's not as bad! So excited at letting her a pal now too!