• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Scabby Lump?

piggie.slave

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi,
I was cleaning out the pigs today when I noticed that he had a rough bum, when I had a look he has a scabby like raised lump. He is a 3 year old sheltie male, that lives with another male, they get on most of the time, have a few squabbles but never drawn blood, I will attach photos, an ideas what it is? I will be keeping an eye on it to see if any change, if it gets any worse will be down the vets.
Thanks in advance
20170928_172616244_iOS.jpg 20170928_172627631_iOS.jpg

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,
I was cleaning out the pigs today when I noticed that he had a rough bum, when I had a look he has a scabby like raised lump. He is a 3 year old sheltie male, that lives with another male, they get on most of the time, have a few squabbles but never drawn blood, I will attach photos, an ideas what it is? I will be keeping an eye on it to see if any change, if it gets any worse will be down the vets.
Thanks in advance
View attachment 71824 View attachment 71825
Please have it checked by a vet; it looks rather sore. It is impossible to tell without closer inspection whether it could be fungal, urine scald or a cyst that is causing issues.