• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Streaky

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi,
I have recently moved my Guinea Pig into the conservatory due to the cold weather during winter.
I was just wondering if any of you piggy owners had tips/ tricks to keeping your guinea pig warm and how to make sure they get some sort of exercise when it’s too cold for them to go out.
Thanks!

i have put snugglesafes in the hutches,used fiddlestix houses and stuffed everywhere with hay.i have vet bed in the bedroom,with fleece hidies that the snugglesafe heat pads can go in.,ive covers and and foil snuggers around the hutches.

At least in the conservatory they will be out of the wind & rain, & will be happier piggies. If it's cold in there just put plenty of hay in there & some warmers. I know of several people that let there piggies have the run of the conservatory.

Hi & welcome to our friendly forum.

i have put snugglesafes in the hutches,used fiddlestix houses and stuffed everywhere with hay.i have vet bed in the bedroom,with fleece hidies that the snugglesafe heat pads can go in.,ive covers and and foil snuggers around the hutches.
That sounds like a good idea, where did you get your snugglesafes from?

At least in the conservatory they will be out of the wind & rain, & will be happier piggies. If it's cold in there just put plenty of hay in there & some warmers. I know of several people that let there piggies have the run of the conservatory.

Hi & welcome to our friendly forum.
Yes definitely and it can get a little chilly in there sometimes but, whenever I’ve checked up on him, he’s been nice and warm.

Hello! Can I just ask- what are fiddlestix houses? Also how do you use the snugglesafe pads in the hutch? Do you cover them with anything or just pop them in? Do the guinea pigs nibble the pads or their covers? Many thanks!

I don't as they have a fleece cover. You just pop them separately in the microwave in the fleece cover for 5 or so mins and then pop them in the hutch.

I don't as they have a fleece cover. You just pop them separately in the microwave in the fleece cover for 5 or so mins and then pop them in the hutch.
Okay, awesome thank you for your help

fiddlestix.lounging logs are wooden bridges.I got my snuggle safe heat pads from vet uk.i place in the microwave for 7 minutes ,place fleece cover on, place in hutch and put hay on top .it keeps warm for 8 to 10 hours.

fiddlestix.lounging logs are wooden bridges.I got my snuggle safe heat pads from vet uk.i place in the microwave for 7 minutes ,place fleece cover on, place in hutch and put hay on top .it keeps warm for 8 to 10 hours.
That’s brilliant, will definitely have to invest and use that with Streaky!

That’s brilliant, will definitely have to invest and use that with Streaky!

Thanks! Are these fiddlestix houses? I have a few of these. I have ordered some snugglesafe pads and they will be here tomorrow :)

20171031_213558.jpg

I have 2 of these. I hadn't thought of stuffing them with hay @eileen what a brilliant idea! I shall be trying that one! Thanks mate!

Back