• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

PipandOreo

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi, whilst holding Oreo today (about 20 mins ago!) I found a weird spot on her nose. Its white and feels solid, she doesn’t seem in pain when I touch it. I haven’t noticed it before and hold her everyday, so I think it’s appeared very recently. She’s otherwise her normal self, eating and drinking normal. Not sure if it could be fungal or something else, but thought I’d see on here.

She’s coming up to 6 years olds in July and as these are my first pigs I’m very thorough with checking them and always keeping an eye out for any changes in them! I just wanted to check on here to see if anyone has seen this before because if I booked a vet appointment everytime I thought something was wrong i would be skint, I’m a bit of a worrier! I’m planning on taking them both for a checkup in a month but if it’s an emergency can get an appointment sooner.

Any replies or advice are very much appreciated! :nod:

Attachments

• FAB8EDA4-D090-4457-A2A5-99F794632282.jpeg
    FAB8EDA4-D090-4457-A2A5-99F794632282.jpeg
    90.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 522175A6-1063-4245-8440-D09B4F417283.png
    522175A6-1063-4245-8440-D09B4F417283.png
    708.6 KB · Views: 8
Hi any new lumps or bumps should be checked by a vet so I advise getting her booked in to have the ‘spot’ checked

Hi, thank you for the reply. We ended up having to book an emergency appointment as she declined quite rapidly. She was unfortunately put to sleep due to lymphoma. 💗

I’m sorry for your loss. 6 is a great age. You’ve obviously given her an amazing life. Take care.

Hi, thank you for the reply. We ended up having to book an emergency appointment as she declined quite rapidly. She was unfortunately put to sleep due to lymphoma. 💗
Oh gosh I’m so sorry that is sad.

Back