• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement
Status
Not open for further replies.

nikasurgu

New Born Pup
Reaction score
My guinea pig has been scratching the area around her right eye for about 2 weeks and since then I noticed baldness around his eye that's been growing ever since. The bald skin is also very crusty and he can barely open his eye. I went to the vet which gave me a kind of medicine that i should apply around his eye using a q-tip but i think its not working because her condition has only gotten worse18451911_10209090306509925_639701742_o.jpg 18471811_10209090338310720_1719328961_o.jpg 18471892_10209090338750731_340158160_o.jpg

Looks like fungal to me that needs treatment, what is the active ingrediant of the cream please?

I know that vets may be limited where you are, so wanted to provide you with options

Imaverol which is Enilconazole diluted 1 part to 49 water

Also
  • Miconazole nitrate 2%
  • Clotrimazole 1%
@helen105281

How long you been using the paste vets gave?

The options I have gave you above can be bought online Imaverol is the best out of them and would need to be applied with cotton wool carefully. We don't Recommend self treating but understandf that care over the world is not as comprehensive as UK

I'm located in Tbilisi, Georgia the main ingredients are sulfur and zinc oxyd it says its for dermatitis or eczema

not going to sort a fungal infection out I'm afraid

Google Imaverol or speak to your vet regarding it

Looks like fungal to me that needs treatment, what is the active ingrediant of the cream please?

I know that vets may be limited where you are, so wanted to provide you with options

Imaverol which is Enilconazole diluted 1 part to 49 water

Also
  • Miconazole nitrate 2%
  • Clotrimazole 1%
@helen105281

How long you been using the paste vets gave?

The options I have gave you above can be bought online Imaverol is the best out of them and would need to be applied with cotton wool carefully. We don't Recommend self treating but understandf that care over the world is not as comprehensive as UK

Thank you a lot for help I just did a research and found out that both Miconazole nitrate and Clotrimazole can be bought here but not Imaverol for my pitty.

I'm located in Tbilisi, Georgia the main ingredients are sulfur and zinc oxyd it says its for dermatitis or eczema

Hi! it looks like ringworm to me. Can you get virkon for disinfection?

Please follow our hygiene advice; some forms of fungus (especially ringworm) can transmit to humans and other pets. The second US-based link lists all products that can be used to treat fungal infections including their active ingredient. if you cannot get any of these brands in Georgia, google the active ingredient; you should be able to find brand names that are available in your country. Some shampoos should be on sale in a pharmacy as anti-dandruff shampoos.
Ringworm: Hygiene And Pictures
Guinea Lynx :: Fungus

The other possibility would be an oral medication called Itrafungol, I believe in the US this is branded as Sporanox so it may be available in other countries too under the same name. The active ingredient is Itraconazole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back