• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

silverdutch1

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi-
I am new to this fourm and I hope you all can help me. This morning I noticed my pig had lost a patch of hair just above her right front foot (not too big but noticeable). I have also noticed she has been itching (or gnawing, she I guess chews on it then pulls, my previous pigs did the same but IDK what its called). However, this has been on her hindquarters and I only see her occasionally itch that side. I don't know if it could be mites or something, either in her bedding or timothy hay. Any suggestions? I appreciate any and all help I can get.

It could be a lot of things - mites, fungal.....She will need to see a vet to get diagnosed and get appropriate treatment.

A vet trip is necessary, it isn’t an emergency but you’ll need a vet’s opinion

Back