• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

piggie.slave

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi all,
My older guineapig Fudge passed away around a month ago at the age of 4 leaving my other guineapig (Rolo) on his own.
I am now currently sitting on the floor watching Rolo and the new baby (whose yet to have a name) run around the pen, humping each other teeth chattering etc, and it’s not nice to watch. They have been introduced on neutral grounds and are in a 3x2 c&c grid. Just wanted to know what the normal behaviours are, the baby guineapig is humping rolo more than the other way round which has surprised me. I am not interfering, I am just letting them get on with it but it’s very stressful to watch. So I just really want to know what behaviours to expect because after reading the boar bonding thread it seamed like the baby should be the one getting the brunt of it all but it seams to be the other way round!
Many thanks

@piggie.slave It all depends on personality. I'd had it happen too when I've bonded a younger piggy with an older boy.

It's stressful to watch but you need to leave them to it and only interfere if they start fighting.

@piggie.slave It all depends on personality. I'd had it happen too when I've bonded a younger piggy with an older boy.

It's stressful to watch but you need to leave them to it and only interfere if they start fighting.
Thanks for the reply, it was really bad for an hour or so but then it calmed down massively. Considering it’s my first time bonding piggies I think it has gone very well, I have put them in a freshly cleaned cage with no farmiliar scents from either of them and they were sleeping next to each other! The baby is so much more confident around me already.

Here they are happily lying down near each other! They’re was no problems over night they ate their veg together and I didn’t hear from them so very please with how it’s gone !
78D06D6E-71D7-4DE1-8EAF-191E9C277DE0.jpeg

Back