• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Our Squidgypigs (including New Freead Rescues)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squidgypigs

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Our original duo (named by my daughter)
Ethel-Seal The Poo Banana

Peppa Pea Pirate Soup

The 3/2/2016 rescues (freead piggies - went for two young sows came back with four mature sows, all in bad condition, two obviously pregnant, and a boar. (we have space, veg & friendly vet).
Blondie (Heavily pregnant, long hair cut by breeder due to mats, overgrown nails and so very, very dirty all over).

Miley (Surprisingly unharmed, hopefully not pregnant)

Morag (Had nails so very overgrown that her feet splayed out sideways, several bad wounds on head, all healing now. Hopefully not pregnant.)

Ned the boar (the baby-daddy)

Football (missing half an ear, cataracts and also had hair hacked to bits)

Football's Babies (10/2/2016)

Aw... so glad you could take them. They've finally got the love and care they deserve. All lovely. Very lovely!
I liked those names your daughter thought up - they're the sort of names only a young child can come up with.. but I like them!

Wow they are gorgeous. Ned, the ladies man! I'll keep my fingers crossed for not pregnant, even though those babies are incredibly cute. Lovely of you to rescue them, now they have a happy home to popcorn in :)

Thanks everyone. I may eventually write out the story of the night we acquired the rescues, but at the moment it still makes me rather angry.

The babies have now been named (by the two year old...): Bagel-Baby, Doughnut and Rhona The Baby Cow.

Having had a little fuss of Blondie earlier (she's a demanding sort...) I'm going to predict her babies will appear within the next 24hours, I can not only see a swarming mass of babies in her but can hear lots of teeth chattering away. My daughter was born with a couple of prenatal teeth (thus she 'teethed' in the womb) so I sympathise!

(As ever we are ready to go to the vet if anything odd happens).

Last edited:
Blimey, well done on getting them out of there. They are all adorable. Love the names, the first one did make me laugh. Hope the next birth goes ok.

I know,what u mean about the anger.I'm still seething from getting my piggy and bunny from a gumtree ad.Filthy conditions, shed covered in bird poo cos sharing and clumps of poo back end of bunny and feet of guinea pig.Hutches and she'd floor covered in crap.Guinea pig still terrified of us, rabbit has fur missing and pretty scared.Kicking myself cos left a boy rabbit there but couldn't take him.The ad for him has disappeared so hoping he has found a good home.Don't know yet if one I took pregnant yet coz read as later and said boy in heated shed. She has bites on the back if her neck.Fingers crossed for me please

I will reply properly later but I thought I'd update that Blondie is currently in labour.

Oh good luck Blondie, I've got everything crossed for you having an easy time. I love those names, it sounds like your daughter is at my favourite little girl age. Shame they have to grow up. :))

3 big beautiful babies were born roughly around 7 o clock all including mum are up on their feet and eating happily.

There were no fatalities and Blondie handled everything rather smoothly.

I'm so pleased that everything is ok, Blondie & Football are clearly quite mature piggies and I've been terribly worried.

Oh that's awful @madguinealady please try not to feel bad about the boy rabbit, you did what you could when you could.

You've done a lovely thing by taking them in. They're all gorgeous. So glad Blondie and babies are doing well. :)

Glad they have found a wonderful forever home with you! They are all so beautiful.

Wonderful piggy lips in there too!

Thank you everyone.
Here are Blondie's babies:
Marilyn, Britney & Slincypig (The only boar of the litters)

Awww they are gorgeous, you've got your hands full! Hope all continues to go well x

Yes we definitely have our hands full haha, and yes we're planning on keeping everyone here I promise the older ladies a forever home and that is extended to their children. We're really lucky to have the space. We wanted a little herd and now we have a ready made one!

I think we are probably at full capacity now though, unless Morag and Miley do suddenly pop (hopefully they have been spared!)

Although my husband jokes that we've opened "Lady Squidgypig's Home for Geriatric Gestating Guineas" we're not a rescue and never will be but do greatly admire all you ladies and gents that do such a fantastic job rehabilitating piggies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back