• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement
Don’t give her carrots, it’s not the best way to get her weight up. You will have to step in with syringe feeding now. Start every 3 hours and adjust depending on her weight tomorrow. She’s not eating enough hay to maintain/put on so you’ll have to help her. Sorry.

I'm very anxious with her right now i hope she's alright. She loves getting her pea flake rewards and wheat grass so i really dont know what's going on

Don’t give her carrots, it’s not the best way to get her weight up. You will have to step in with syringe feeding now. Start every 3 hours and adjust depending on her weight tomorrow. She’s not eating enough hay to maintain/put on so you’ll have to help her. Sorry.
Can i mix in a banana with her critical care?

We're just done with our first session and we've come by about 9 ml of feeding as she's very much willing to take them all

Piggies lose weight because they aren’t eating enough hay. Don’t give her carrots to compensate - if she is losing weight then she needs to be syringe fed fibre rich food and to eat more hay.

:agr: Try giving her more if she will take it. You will have to now feed her every two hours round the clock. The aim is to get her to take 60ml in a 24 hour period. I’d also perhaps have her seen by the vet again.

To be honest i feel like she's just being a picky eater. She loves this certain type of wheatgrass i introduced to them and ever since she's low on eating her timothy hay. But whenever i open the bag of wheatgrass they instantly go and eat them. Whenever i offer timothy they just refuse and eat the wheatgrass sigh 😭

Sorry that this thread got so long than i intended. We are back on these pointy looking poops (perhaps because of less intake of fiber from the past 1-2 days--which also explains the weight loss from that day) we've gotten her weight up again and she's eating a lot of wheatgrass as i figured i needed to put the grass they're eating there because they need to eat :soz: we cant take her to the vet until next week as it's my midterm week in uni and ive got no one to take her

IMG_20201019_132042.jpg

What is wheatgrass? Is it a grass based hay?

What is wheatgrass? Is it a grass based hay?

I think so as it says they can have them daily. But ours is dried not fresh. I'm still waiting for our orchard hay to arrive so for now ill give them a mix of timothy and wheatgrass

Attachments

• IMG_20201019_132042.jpg
    IMG_20201019_132042.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20201019_141746_com.anideaforanapp.myguineapigs.jpg
    Screenshot_20201019_141746_com.anideaforanapp.myguineapigs.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 6
Wheatgrass is fine for them to eat, but Id wonder as it’s more of a treat not a replacement for hay. I'm not sure, I’ve never fed wheatgrass

I think it's more of a treat they're so addicted to it tho. I was combining it with their timothy and then gradually decreasing the wheat grass so they'll be forced to eat the timothy. We'll be switching to a mix of orchard (when it arrives) and timothy as they've become picky

Plain porridge oats are great for building up piggies weight that have been poorly

How much oats can i give them? And can i use this type of oats? Or should i blender it?

Attachments

• images (2).jpeg
    images (2).jpeg
    46 KB · Views: 5
you don’t need to blend them, just give them the oats as they are, not much though

Kind of wet and mushy soft poos (it stinks when i smell them)

Attachments

• IMG_20201020_100827.jpg
    IMG_20201020_100827.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20201020_100811.jpg
    IMG_20201020_100811.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 4
Back