• This weekend was forum pride! We hope you had a great time, the section will remain open to read over the information threads, so dont worry if you missed last night. Visit the section HERE

Two New Guinea Pigs That Are Scared

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claire1310

New Born Pup
Reaction score
hey, so I got two sows just over a day ago and so far, even when I just sit by the hutch and talk to them if I move they jump away. I've also tried opening the hutch door and putting my hands in so they can get used to my scent, but when I move to stroke them they jump away. Is this normal?

ChloeCee98

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I usually leave my pigs just 3 days till I start trying to touch them. You can talk to them and stuff tho but don't over do it they need to get used to Noises and stuff :)
After a week or so start interacting as normal.
I also have put a blanket on one side of the cage/hutch for a week just as it makes them feel a bit more safe :) hope they settle in nicely don't forget photos x

Claire1310

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I usually leave my pigs just 3 days till I start trying to touch them. You can talk to them and stuff tho but don't over do it they need to get used to Noises and stuff :)
After a week or so start interacting as normal.
I also have put a blanket on one side of the cage/hutch for a week just as it makes them feel a bit more safe :) hope they settle in nicely don't forget photos x
I usually do similar to @ChloeCee98 :)
Thank you both so much!

Skittypigs

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
hey, so I got two sows just over a day ago and so far, even when I just sit by the hutch and talk to them if I move they jump away. I've also tried opening the hutch door and putting my hands in so they can get used to my scent, but when I move to stroke them they jump away. Is this normal?
Sounds normal!

M

My Royal Herd

I've had my sows for about 2 years and one of them (bumble) is still quite shy. It's perfectly normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.