• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement
  • You can find lots of information on how to settle in, understand your new guinea pigs in our New Owners Guide Collection but please ask any questions you have in Wannabe and New Owners' section.

Bald Patch On Nose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megannah

Junior Guinea Pig
Hello, last week I found on my Piggie Marshall I noticed a small patch of hair above his nose was dry and stuck together, I looked it up on line and i couldn't find anything , but today as I picked him up the dried hair was hanging of his nose and fell off and underneath was a tiny red sore? His nails are quite long at the moment as I havnt got round to taking him to the groomers to have them chopped and was thinking he might have scratched it, I have started to wash the sore with sterilised water to see if it will get any better, should I be worried or is this nothing to worry about?

Megannah

Junior Guinea Pig
These are some pictures of what the dried hair looked like last week before the hair fell off.

IMG_4613.jpg

IMG_4615.jpg

helen105281

Forum Donator 2017/18
It's difficult to tell from the photo, it could be mild fungal but it could also be a healing wound if he as knocked his nose or has been nipped. Best to see what the vet thinks. Is it the only spot?

Megannah

Junior Guinea Pig
hiya, it's looking completely fine now just the red sore isn't red or anything and looks like normal healing skin , he's just got a little bald patch above his nose so I'm thinking he may have caught it

Status
Not open for further replies.