• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Guinea Pigs Scratching And Biting Because Of Washing Powder?

Looks perfectly decent to me! One can't predict what could be potentially irritating, but usually, baby products have gentle formulas.
Great! I agree with you, you can't always know what irritates them. We'll see how it goes. Thank you again :luv:

https://www.goisco.com/pub/media/ca...f01e65c009f6943c2b1e9/4/0/4084500920057-1.jpg

This is what I bought. There wasn't any non-bio washing powder so I hope this will be similar to the one you have. Is this ok?
I agree with RosieMaia, pigs and washing powders aren't all identical in the way they react, try it and see if it is better.
Your choice proves me slightly wrong though - for some reason, Ariel don't make any non- bio washing products. I use Persil (non-bio) but that's just a choice I inherited from my mum; Fairy also do a non-bio.
What country are you in? It seems strange to me that you can't find any non-bio products at all.

I agree with RosieMaia, pigs and washing powders aren't all identical in the way they react, try it and see if it is better.
Your choice proves me slightly wrong though - for some reason, Ariel don't make any non- bio washing products. I use Persil (non-bio) but that's just a choice I inherited from my mum; Fairy also do a non-bio.
What country are you in? It seems strange to me that you can't find any non-bio products at all.

I'm from Slovenia so it's the first time I've heard about the non-bio washing products. We don't have that kind of stuff like I saw that US or maybe also UK has. I had to find some similar things to what your brands have and that's the closest I've seen :D

Ah, I thought you might be from one of the former communist countries. Can you use Amazon for shopping? They sell washing products including non-bio, though I guess shipping costs would make it quite expensive, if the Baby Ariel doesn't help.

Ah, I thought you might be from one of the former communist countries. Can you use Amazon for shopping? They sell washing products including non-bio, though I guess shipping costs would make it quite expensive, if the Baby Ariel doesn't help.
Yes we can use Amazon, it's not a problem. But as you stated the shipping is more expensive. Ebay is better in my opinion because of the shipping. I saw that they have the non-bio products there too.

I'm from Slovenia so it's the first time I've heard about the non-bio washing products. We don't have that kind of stuff like I saw that US or maybe also UK has. I had to find some similar things to what your brands have and that's the closest I've seen :D

Ah, you're practically a neighbour! :)

In mainland Europe, detergents are marketed in the opposite way. I.e. unless a detergent is marked as bio, you can safely assume it's non-bio.

Ah, you're practically a neighbour! :)

In mainland Europe, detergents are marketed in the opposite way. I.e. unless a detergent is marked as bio, you can safely assume it's non-bio.
Yes, you're not so far away :hug:
Oh great, I didn't know that. Thank you for that information. :luv: Can't wait to see the results!

You learn something new every day! This is a very educating forum. I would have never even thought it might be the other way round (in mainland Europe), but I am glad to have found it out.

You learn something new every day! This is a very educating forum. I would have never even thought it might be the other way round (in mainland Europe), but I am glad to have found it out.
Me too. I really enjoy this forum. It's nice to get help from experienced owners so that our cute piggies can have the best life we can provide them :wub:

Back