• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Raefire

New Born Pup
Reaction score
So, I adopted 2 guinea pigs about a week ago, and the bedding they came with causes dust. I understand that dusty bedding is bad for guinea pigs, but I didn't want to stress them out even more by cleaning their cage and replacing their bedding in less than a week. I'm cleaning their cage later today, (It's currently 2 in the morning right now), and the new bedding we have is from Carefresh, and has no dust. The piggies have no signs of a URI, but one of them (I can't tell which one, because they usually sneeze while I'm on my bed and I can hear her) sneezes every couple of minutes. Like I said, they have no other symptoms except the constant sneezing. Their eyes aren't watery, they haven't lost any appetite, they aren't wheezing, they don't have and discharge or a stuffed nose, etc. Could it just be allergies? Like I said, the bedding will be changed as soon as I wake up, but should I still take them to the vet to make sure they're okay? I'm also a new Guinea Pig owner, so if this is something not even close serious, I'm just worried about them and I want them to be healthy and live a good life. :)

I agree, it's probably the dust. But I'm a worry pot so I would always take them to the vets just in case as URI's can develop quite quickly :)

Hello

So you haven't put the new bedding in yet?

Are they constantly sneezing or just every now and then?

Hello

So you haven't put the new bedding in yet?

Are they constantly sneezing or just every now and then?

Yeah, every now and then. Like I said, no other symptoms of a URI. I'm going to clean their cage and put in new bedding right now.

Back