• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elgifu321

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Caspar (my baby teddy boar) and Ronan (my baby texel boar: tonights addition, a lone runt that nobody, including the breeder wanted so I couldn't help myself) were both fed heygates rabbits choice pellets as well as refugees (which I feed a bit of alongside Timothy hay) before I got them so I have a couple plastic bags of them and they seem okay... They're a lot cheaper than the excel oregano ones I get at the minute but I'm more about the quality of the pellet for my pigs than the price but when both pigs were on them it made me stop and think... There must be a reason these seem to be the pellet of choice for both breeders?

Here's a link: Rabbit & Guinea pig feeds - Heygates

If anybody's tried them out let me know or if anybody has any idea if they're good stuff or not, let me know! I'm happy with excell otherwise just keeping my options open!

No ideas on this I am afraid, will keep the thread bumped up for you. Piggies and Buns need different things though so a little suspect on something that claims to do both as a pellet. We use Harringtons and are very happy and also Burgess in the past has been a success

I had a look at the link and can't seem to find an ingredients list or a full nutritional breakdown. It would be interesting to see things like % calcium, etc.

Like @sport_billy I would be wary of something that claims to be good for both rabbits and guinea pigs, but you also need to be realistic about what % of the overall diet comes from the pellets. If they get unlimited hay, a reasonable amount of fresh and also grass, then it is probably less of an issue.

I've not come across that pellet for piggies before. I'd be tempted to start switching them over to one of the more recognised piggy pellets - a few introduced into the feed at first and then gradually increase until it's all the new pellet.

Hi Guys,

I know the Heygates Rabbits choice pellet has added vit C for piggies. Its a 16% Fibre, 17% Protein. The calcium content is .95%. Its a good product due to its high fibre content from oatfeed and Lucerne content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back