• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Emily Mae

New Born Pup
Reaction score
My little piggy has gone through alot. I think she's like two months old? Unsure. She's a problematic albino. She had gotten surgery on her eye. And while doing the surgery she was accidentally burnt on her stomach near her vagina. She had since healed from that but it has definitely left a bald patch. Today I had notice this thick layer of crust covering her vagina. I have her a salt wash and let her sit in the salty water for a bit and nothing worked. Although it got rid of a little there was still some on there. Her behaviour hasn't changed so I think she's peeing okay. We struggle financially. I really don't think we can afford a vet visit. So I need your help desperately!! PLEASE!

Attachments

• IMG20190611210407.webp
    IMG20190611210407.webp
    25.4 KB · Views: 29
My little piggy has gone through alot. I think she's like two months old? Unsure. She's a problematic albino. She had gotten surgery on her eye. And while doing the surgery she was accidentally burnt on her stomach near her vagina. She had since healed from that but it has definitely left a bald patch. Today I had notice this thick layer of crust covering her vagina. I have her a salt wash and let her sit in the salty water for a bit and nothing worked. Although it got rid of a little there was still some on there. Her behaviour hasn't changed so I think she's peeing okay. We struggle financially. I really don't think we can afford a vet visit. So I need your help desperately!! PLEASE!

My little piggy has gone through alot. I think she's like two months old? Unsure. She's a problematic albino. She had gotten surgery on her eye. And while doing the surgery she was accidentally burnt on her stomach near her vagina. She had since healed from that but it has definitely left a bald patch. Today I had notice this thick layer of crust covering her vagina. I have her a salt wash and let her sit in the salty water for a bit and nothing worked. Although it got rid of a little there was still some on there. Her behaviour hasn't changed so I think she's peeing okay. We struggle financially. I really don't think we can afford a vet visit. So I need your help desperately! PLEASE!

Hi! Can you please upload a preferably clear picture; it is impossible for us to guess what is going on from your description.

I assume that you have got a so-called lethal baby?
https://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/threads/roans-dalmatians-and-lethals-explained.51194/
Sanctuary videos of lethal guinea pigs: The Excellent Adventure Sanctuary (for guinea pigs with extra needs)

it would also help us greatly if you added your country to your account details (accessible via clicking on your username) since we are dealing with members and enquiries from all over the world and our advice can vary depending on background, climate, vet/rescue access and differing brand names. If we know where in the world you are, we can help you quicker by tailoring any advice to what is available and relevant where you are.

@furryfriends (TEAS) @Jaycey @Abi_nurse

PS: Please note that we are doing our best to answer any threads in this specially monitored section as soon as we can, considering we are based in the UK and that we are doing this on a voluntary non-pay basis in our free time.
We do not leave any threads go unanswered; so please do not shout. Stating the problem in the title will do, and we take it from there. ;)

Hi! Can you please upload a preferably clear picture; it is impossible for us to guess what is going on from your description.

I assume that you have got a so-called lethal baby?
https://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/threads/roans-dalmatians-and-lethals-explained.51194/
Sanctuary videos of lethal guinea pigs: The Excellent Adventure Sanctuary (for guinea pigs with extra needs)

it would also help us greatly if you added your country to your account details (accessible via clicking on your username) since we are dealing with members and enquiries from all over the world and our advice can vary depending on background, climate, vet/rescue access and differing brand names. If we know where in the world you are, we can help you quicker by tailoring any advice to what is available and relevant where you are.

@furryfriends (TEAS) @Jaycey @Abi_nurse

PS: Please note that we are doing our best to answer any threads in this specially monitored section as soon as we can, considering we are based in the UK and that we are doing this on a voluntary non-pay basis in our free time.
We do not leave any threads go unanswered; so please do not shout. Stating the problem in the title will do, and we take it from there. ;)

There were two separate threads, one including a photo. I have merged these so they are all in one place. This is why the first post shows a photo which is confusing when you have asked for one :)

There were two separate threads, one including a photo. I have merged these so they are all in one place. This is why the first post shows a photo which is confusing when you have asked for one :)

Thank you! I have a very busy time at the moment, so missed the fact that there two threads, especially when they were not in the same section.

It doesn't look poo but more solid and possibly something stuck in the genitalia? Is it stuck to the skin or just firmly lodged in?
To be honest, I have never seen something like this before - and that is after 10 years on some busy forums.

@Emily Mae Is your piggy a lethal?
What surgery did she have on her eye?
Does she have dental issues or missing teeth?

If you have bathed her and cannot remove the lump we can only recommend a vet visit to have to checked/removed.

If money is an issue then you need to speak to all of her caregivers to determine how you can care for her financially. You may be able to save up fo a vet fund, your ver may offer credit or although it will be a hard choice it may be best to rehome her.

It sounds like you may have a lethal pig which can have numerous issues that need treatment by a good guinea pig vet. And as your vet somehow burned her (!) during surgery I don't think the vet you currently use to up to the task.

Back