• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aw don't worry, I'm sure they'll be fine :)

It is definitely rough to watch the bonding, I'm always a nervous wreck. After a week or so it should settle down and you'll be able to breath again! :)

Thank you all! I read all those posts and assured myself I wouldn't be one that separated them unless there was blood and here I am! I am going to put them on the grass cos it's somewhere neither have been and will hopefully calm them down a little. And tonight I'm going to put them in a room where I won't be able to intervene at every little wheek...though of course I will check no one is being hurt. I'll keep you all updated

So been out for a good 2 hours and there was hardly any rumbling- AND NONE AT ALL WHEN I FIRST PUT STEVE IN! Now they are both back in their cage on new fleece completely calm with each other. Had a handful of lettuce etc. Mo is enjoying the luxury of a fresh frozen ice pack - Steve likes to walk on it but I don't think he fully grasps the concept.

20170619_193211.jpg

Hope you're feeling better now :)

I was super jealous about how easy your bonding went, none of my girls snuggle up together. Even after all this time!

Humping that happened yesterday has started again but I refuse to intervene. It's the same as last time- Mo mounting Steve alot who is wheeking loudly and nipping Mo. Yet as you can see they still lie next to each other (for about 5 seconds!)

20170619_201805.jpg

Be strong my friend! Just know that they are buddies really :)

Have you got a heavy hide with 2 small entrances that only Steve can go into? That might be an idea if he needs a break from the humping.

Be strong my friend! Just know that they are buddies really :)

Have you got a heavy hide with 2 small entrances that only Steve can go into? That might be an idea if he needs a break from the humping.

I only have the shelf that came with the cage- which Mo can get in and I tried to make a small cardboard house bit Mo is too big so he can lift it or trample it

I only have the shelf that came with the cage- which Mo can get in and I tried to make a small cardboard house bit Mo is too big so he can lift it or trample it

Hmm might be worth having a think on what you can make up for him?

I tried another box just now and cut small holes out of it that looked like only Steve could fit and low and behold - MO IS IN THE HOLES. HEAD OUT OF ONE AND BUM OUT THE OTHER!

I'm sorry because all I can do is laugh at that image. Really not helpful, I know. But dang, Mo :))

I'm sorry because all I can do is laugh at that image. Really not helpful, I know. But dang, Mo :))
It's fine I did too! After I recovered from shock. I don't know how he squeezed in but he did. I've left them for bed now which is nerve rattling...usually they occupy my bedroom but as the dining room is cooler (and I have less chance of getting worried over nothing) the piggies are downstairs. I'm hoping this will mean they can do their thing and be calm tomorrow but I dint know. If a fight was going to break out or the bond wasn't working would it have been made clear by now? I do felt bad Steve can't get away at the minute I will look into something only he can access. A tube sounds good. :)

It's fine I did too! After I recovered from shock. I don't know how he squeezed in but he did. I've left them for bed now which is nerve rattling...usually they occupy my bedroom but as the dining room is cooler (and I have less chance of getting worried over nothing) the piggies are downstairs. I'm hoping this will mean they can do their thing and be calm tomorrow but I dint know. If a fight was going to break out or the bond wasn't working would it have been made clear by now? I do felt bad Steve can't get away at the minute I will look into something only he can access. A tube sounds good. :)

I think a tube would be a great idea - I got my seagrass tunnels from Amazon but I can't imagine they'd be hard to find in a P@H or something like it, and you'd only need a small one for Steve, so he can fit in but Mo can't follow or flip it over because of Steve's weight inside it.

Thank you! I actually got gifted a £25 p@h voucher by someone who knew I was getting Mo a companion so I will get one of them.

Have tears running out of my eyes the image of this is hysterical! :D Probably shouldn't laugh :soz::coat:
OMG don't :lol!: I seriously thought I had made a Mo-proof box but it turned out to be a Mo play ground. Box is out now because Mo took ownership which wasn't the point and if he can fit it kinda defeats the objective lol. I'll put it back once they are past this mad mounting stage. I wish I had got a picture

Hope things stay calmed down. What size is their cage? as you may find they need more space as the little one grows. They are gorgeous boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back